CSL - Focal V
FOCAL 5 (Centre Spatial de Liège)
AMOS has been prime contractor for the design and manufacturing of the IAL Space (now CSL) space test centre equipped with a vacuum optical bench and all its peripheral equipment. This system for optical tests under vacuum of satellite payloads is composed of the following elements :
• Building for 50 persons ;
• Clean room of 27 x 18 x 10 m, class 100 000 ;
• Vacuum vessel of 5 m diameter with an automatic system to open and close the main lids, an optical table made of welded stainless steel boxes, interfaced with a 350 tons concrete seismic bloc ;
• Laminar flow wall, class 100, in the preparation area of the spacecrafts ;
• Thermal system which controls the temperature of 10 fluids. The temperature of these fluids can be set between + 100 and - 170°C with an accuracy of 0,2°C.
The complete system is controlled by processor.
Vacuum vessel :
- Dimensions : length : 6 m + 2 lids of 1,4 m depth ;
- Diameter : 5 m ;
- Materials : blasted stainless steel.
Optical table :
- Dimensions : length : 6,8 m, width : 1,8 m, thickness : 0,35 m ;
- Flatness : 10 µm/m ;
- Stability : 3.10-6 g.
- Rough : rotary : 2 x 250 m3/h ;
- Roots : 1850 and 6200 m3/h ;
- High vacuum : cryogenic : 100 000 l/s ;
- Turbomolecular : 1500 l/s ;
- Interseal : rotary : 60 m3/h.
Thermal system :
- 10 independent supplies with gazeous nitrogen ;
- Range : from + 100 to -170°C ;
- Stability : 0,2°C.
Clean room :
- Class 100 000 ;
- Temperature : 20°C ± 2°C ;
- Humidity : 50 % ± 5% ;
- Laminar flow wall, class 100, of 25 m2.
Customer : Centre Spatial de Liège (CSL), past IAL-SPACE – Belgium
ON FOCUS - Diamond TurningAdvanced Mechanical and Optical Systems (AMOS) manufactures small optical pieces by diamond turning mainly for infrared applications but also, after post polishing, for visible or ultraviolet. Concave or convex mirrors up to 500mm can be machined with extreme asphericities....
Press Release - AMOS ships the biggest eye on the sun to Hawaii
AMOS certified for the 2015 version of the ISO 9001 standard
Mt ABU - M1 & M2 Mirror blank delivery at AMOS
AMOS passed an important milestone in the Mount Abu telescope project. This project, started last year, consists in the building of a brand-new optical telescope for India. The telescope will have an...