In order to strengthen its teams, AMOS is looking for a OPTICAL PRODUCTION MANAGER.
The optical workshop (ATOP) is one of the true cornerstones of AMOS. 25 engineers and manufacturing technicians work together to produce mirrors with outstanding precision in the nanometer range. This workshop is equipped with machines for various polishing and shaping techniques such as diamond machining and vacuum ion gun machining.
- Coordinate and supervise the progress of projects on the production floor.
- Distribution of workload via OFs and the probability tool.
- Ensure the performance level of the production teams.
- Provide support to the teams to resolve technical and organizational problems.
- Be the reference for the elaboration of quotations.
- Ensure coordination between the various internal and external activities of the production team.
- Communicate customer constraints to the production teams (quality, costs, deadlines, etc.).
- Carry out field visits per project, oriented towards results, to ensure that they are achieved.
- Analyze the workshop workload on a weekly basis and size production teams according to workload peaks or drops.
- Formalize team assignments by project according to the available load and delivery constraints (respect of customer deadlines).
- Communicate and ensure compliance with the operating rules of the production workshop and, if necessary, implement any improvement and/or corrective actions.
- Ensure the optimization of resources and the adequacy of the workshop’s load/capacity.
- Ensure the follow-up and the modernization of the machine park.
- Follow the KPI.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of preventive maintenance and an annual internal maintenance plan.
- Identify malfunctions, propose improvements in the organization of the production workshop and participate in the implementation of LEAN type actions to fluidify and optimize manufacturing flows.
- Be the driving force behind continuous improvement projects.
Aspects of the function
- Demonstrate managerial qualities and be able to federate an experienced team to achieve ambitious results in a demanding environment.
- Coordinate the entire production workshop in an efficient manner and organize the work of the various workstations.
- Demonstrate autonomy, rigor, and initiative.
- Treat people with respect and patience.
- Engineering background and 5 to 10 years of similar experience in an ultra-precision production workshop.
- Managerial skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Planning and anticipation.
- Team management.
- Leadership skills.
- Proximity management.
- English (spoken and read).
Soft skills: Autonomous / Rigorous/ Proactive/ Flexible / Result-oriented
- An exciting international business sector, at the forefront of technology.
- A teamwork in a friendly environment.
- Learning and evolution opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate to short-term missions abroad.
- A permanent contract with a complete salary package.
Willing to take this challenge ?
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference « OpticalProduction Manager».