Located in Belgium (Liège), AMOS (Advanced Mechanical & Optical Systems) is a company specialized in the development of ultra-high opto-mechanical systems, mostly dedicated to the space industry satellites and to the professional astronomy telescopes.
Our technologies, products, and services contribute to the progress of humanity while increasing our know-how, creating a safer world, and making human activities more efficient and friendly to the environment. Thus, enabling a better understanding of our planet and the universe.
Since 1987, AMOS is an internationally recognized player who works with prestigious clients and partners around the world. More than 100 passionate employees put their expertise at the service of the development of innovative solutions, while respecting the values of the company:
- Team spirit to unite individual strengths and assets to achieve collective success
- Excellence through the commitment and quality of everyone’s work
- Respect through recognition by listening, openness and consideration of everyone, whether colleague, partner, or client
Faced with the growth of its activity, AMOS is looking for a SYSTEM ENGINEER to strengthen its teams.
As a System Engineer assigned to space systems or ground based telescope, you will be responsible to ensure that the system performances meet the customer requirements and technical coherence of the project. You will strengthen the know-how of the system engineering team and participate to the maintenance and developments of simulation tools (end-to-end models).
You will be responsible for:
- Building the technical architecture of the project.
- Establishing and maintaining the technical budgets of the system performances in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Breaking down the system requirements into specific technical requirements to be addressed by the technical teams (optical, mechanical, thermal, mechatronics).
- Coordinating the technical work in the project team.
- Ensuring the technical interface with the customers and the suppliers with the help of technical experts.
- Consolidating the technical budgets with results coming from the different technical teams of the project.
- Supporting the preparation of the technical proposals.
- Formalizing and improving the methods in the system engineering division
- You are Civil Engineer in Electromechanic, Aerospace or Physics (Master or PhD) or you have a PhD in Physics.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a system engineer in the field of multidisciplinary and high technology projects, or you have at least 10 years’ experience as an expert in high-tech and multidisciplinary projects in at least 2 of the following disciplines: mechanical, optical, mechatronic and thermal.
- You have good knowledge of the following software: Matlab/Pyhton, MS Office and MS Project. The knowledge of an additional simulation software (optical, thermal, mechanical) is an asset.
- You are proactive and active concerning the « Knowledge Management » of your team.
- You have some experience in modeling (mechanical, physical, or mechatronic).
- An experience with requirement management tools is an asset.
- You have an analytical mind.
- You are rigorous, reliable and you have good writing skills (reports/ technical documents).
- You have a sense of responsibilities (guaranteeing the final performances of the system).
- You are a team player and can take the lead on the team.
- You know how to manage your time and your priorities.
- You are curious for any intellectual challenges (technical multidisciplinary).
- English: good knowledge in speaking and writing. Knowing another language is an asset.
- Travels: willing to travel abroad maximum 2 weeks, several times per year.
- An exciting international business sector, at the forefront of technology and useful to society.
- A teamwork in a friendly environment.
- Learning and evolution opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate to short-term missions abroad
- A permanent contract with a complete salary package.
Willing to take this challenge ?
Send your application to Sandrine Naa, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference « System Engineer».