Located in Belgium (Liège), AMOS (Advanced Mechanical & Optical Systems) is a company specialized in the development of ultra-high opto-mechanical systems, mostly dedicated to space industry and professional astronomy.
Our technologies, products, and services contribute to the progress of humanity while increasing our know-how, creating a safer world, and making human activities more efficient and friendly to the environment.
Since 1983, AMOS is an internationally recognized player who works with prestigious clients and partners around the world. More than 100 passionate employees put their expertise at the service of the development of innovative solutions, while respecting the values of the company:
- Team spirit, to unite individual strengths and assets to achieve collective success
- Excellence, through the commitment and quality of everyone’s work
- Respect, through recognition by listening, openness and consideration, whether colleague, partner, or client
In order to strengthen its teams, AMOS is looking for a Precision Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer (M/F).
Within the optical workshop, you will be part of the ultra high precision mirror machining team.
For this expert mission, you will play a central role in monitoring the machining operations for which you will be responsible. You will ensure the planning of the various technical stages of the mirror manufacturing process, including the design office and the metrology department as well as various subcontractors.
- Ensure the technical coordination of diamond machining operators, in particular the resolution of technical problems, the verification and validation of assembly alignment parameters, the accuracy of machining results and operation reports
- Take part in the preparation of methods and operating ranges in diamond machining
In the optical manufacturing workshop (60% of the time):
- Manage the logistics of supplies / suppliers and subcontractors, in relation to the manufacturing processes (preparation of specifications, planning of shipments and returns of parts related to the workshop schedule)
- Monitor and validate the incoming / outgoing flow of parts (inspection of parts, drafting of non-conformity documents, monitoring the status of parts)
- You are an industrial engineer with an experience in the field of mechanical precision machining
- You have strong adaptability and learning skills
- You appreciate teamworking
- You are organized and methodical
- You are motivated by solving demanding technical problems
- You have good communication skills (eg: oral / written instructions given to operators, internal and external communication with many stakeholders, drafting of reports)
- You show analytical and synthesis skills
- You are willing to work staggered and flexible hours, including every Saturdays
- You are fluent in English and French (written and spoken)
- An exciting international business sector, at the forefront of technology.
- A teamwork in a friendly and international environment, with daily exchanges in English.
- Learning and evolution opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate to short-term missions abroad.
- A permanent contract with a complete salary package.
Willing to take on this challenge?
Send your application to Sandrine Naa, Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference « Precision Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer ».